Monday, December 06, 2004

First Day In My Job...

Today i my first day for my job...

I start wif some unlucky incidents... I wait up veri early today, much early then the time i set for my alarm. I brush teeth, bath, change my clothes, then set my way to Jalan Toa Payoh(10 minutes walk) to take Bus 8 to my work place. I see myself leaving the house veri early, thus when i reach my workplace building, I still should hve some allowance time to take my breakfast at the coffee shop downstair. HOWEVER, things turn out differently. I reach to my desired bus stop, waiting for my Bus 8 to come... after 5 minutes of waiting, I see Bus 8 arrives, then i wave my hand... then the next thing happen veri fast... it is like 5 seconds fast. The bus juz swift and gone, not even stopping at my bus stop. The whole bus is full of plp, thus the bus driver do not wan to stop at my bus stop. I am stunned... reali reali veri stunned... Then i became worried. Thus i wait anxiously for the next Bus 8 to come. Similarly, the next Bus 8 juz swift n gone, not stopping at my bus stop. My sweatdrop roll down my face. Die liao... I first day report for work, dun tell mi tat i am going to get late for it... So i immediately call to my father, ask him whether he has start working. My father is a Taxi driver, so if he start driving, I will wan him to come to drive me to work now. So i activate my father then. While waiting, the third Bus 8 arrived. Surprisingly, it stop at my bus stop tis time, so i quickly board up the bus and go, call back my father and tell him dun need to come alreali... Tis is reali a close shave situation. I reach my workplace at 9am sharp... I tink for tmr onwards, i may wan to walk to Toa Payoh Interchange to take Bus 8 to my workplace. Like tis is much safer to mi. Haiz... tat means i hve to wake up much earlier tmr.

Today my first day of work... wow alot of things to learn. Tis company, Universal Display, is a designing n printing company. My supervisor, is reali a friendly person. As promised during the interview, he is reali willing to teach mi from basics, like how to use the MAC, n wat r the differences between PC n MAC, in terms of connectivity n short-cut keys... Mu supervisor oso take his time n effort to teach mi on the different files formats to use for printing... n how to handle the printers, different type of materials, different color settings, wat is called bleed, wat is called proofeed...etc... My first day of work, I alreali hve some simple task to do. I forget the date liao, but coming december there is a PSG Family Day event at singapore zoo, n there is a banner there. It is bleeded by mi, n oso print by mi. Hurray... my hand-touch(not my artwork) work is out in singapore... I oso learn to create proofeed there, n the reason for choosing TIFF or EPS file formats as outout file in printing.

The company is bigger than i tot... It have the sales department, design department n installation department... when i reach, i am not intro to all the plp in tat company, coz too many plp liao... so i am onli intro to my collegues in my department. I noe two other collegue today, excluding my supervisor. Not much interaction wif them, but i can see they r more obedient than mi, at least for one of them.

Today i go there onli bring my slippers to there. Today i hve hard time absorbing the stuffs being taught to mi... For tmr, i need to bring a pen-knife, notebook, pens and my drinking bottle. Maybe few more days later then i will bring my coffee packets, biscuits etc... to put in the drawer... okie... tis is after story, so dun need to say it here...

If u ask mi whether i regret choosing tis company to work in, I can't say anything lah... coz juz being there for 1 day... see things how first lah... prephaps one week later i will ask myself the same question, then see how...???
I believe tmr will be a busying learning day for mi... Tis wk i believe will be a adapting environment wk for mi...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home